DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Frigidaire FFHS2612LS7. Two days ago the water stopped working through the door.The water isn't making it to the ice maker either, but the ice maker motor is still operational when the lever is depressed.

I checked the line leading into the back of the fridge. the water is entering the fridge fine, and the water pressure seems good.

The water filter is fairly new and appears to be fine. I can hear the switch being pressed as usually when the water dispenser is depressed. However, I am almost certain when I would draw water prior to the malfunction, it would emit a low humming sound. I am not hearing that.

From what I have read, my next step is to test the solenoid with a multimeter. If all is well there, then move to the switches in the door panel.

I'm hoping to get some feedback about troubleshooting this problem. It seems that since the lever does not trigger the humming noise anymore, that would be indicative of a specific problem. For instance, a bad inlet valve or a bad dispenser switch.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Get someone to try to get water out of the door while you measure for voltage at the solenoid. If you get voltage to the solenoid then disconnect the water line going to the door. That will tell you if the solenoid is bad.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Another way to test the valve is to use a jumper wire on the ice maker module (if your ice maker module is similar to other ice makers that this procedure applies to).

Usual "holes" for testing:
L and V - actuates the water valve

If you insert the jumper wire into the L and V holes, you should see/hear water come out of the fill tube and into the ice maker mold.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another way to test the valve is to use a jumper wire on the ice maker module (if your ice maker module is similar to other ice makers that this procedure applies to).

Usual "holes" for testing:
L and V - actuates the water valve

If you insert the jumper wire into the L and V holes, you should see/hear water come out of the fill tube and into the ice maker mold.
Where is the ice maker module found?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ktkelly said:
I'm betting the main solenoid is dead. Regardless, you have to replace both as they are mounted together. Been there, done that. Easy fix. Quick release for the tubing make this a snap to do. https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-242252702-Water-Valve-Refrigerator/dp/B005B9C97M
I tested the solenoid on the water inlet valve. However, I have an older multimeter. The pick below is the same reading I got for both freezer and water connections. When not testing, the needle would rest at 0.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz211/Jahganjika/ABC5E184-F4BA-4C3A-9A64-49DF90ED9A24.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.