2 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Duck sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
1 large clove chopped garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger.
Black pepper to taste

Stir Fry together 2 large bell peppers (sliced thin) and one
large onion (sliced thin) in a little oil…and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Stir fry leaving a little bite to the pepper…
cause you’ll cook it more later …shut off fire.

Remove the steak from the bag - reserving
the liquid. Add to the reserved marinade liquid
To 1 cup of beef broth and 1 1/2 tablespoons
corn starch and set aside.

The outside Cook:
Then hand off the steak to the outside cook…😄
to bbq the steak on the bbq until desired
doneness ( we like it rare)
After the steak is cooked…let it rest for a few minutes…
then add the reserved marinade
and beef broth to the heated peppers and onions and also add a handful of cherry tomatoes ( optional) and stir fry for about 5 minutes, until very hot. At this time taste if salt is needed.

In the meantime after the rest time - while you’re
Heating and stir frying everything,
the outside cook should be thin slicing the steak.👍

Shut off flame and put the peppers, onions and sauce into
a serving dish and then top with sliced bbq steak…serve
with rice and enjoy.

Note: this is even prettier with one green and one red pepper
You can also add an additional 1/2 cup of beef broth if you
desire more sauce. 👍
Recipe Flower Ingredient Beef Cuisine

Food Tableware Table Dishware Plate

Food Tableware Ingredient Plate Animal product

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Plate

Food Ingredient Recipe Animal product Cuisine

·
Naildriver
18,701 Posts
So you don't reintroduce the thinly sliced meat back to the sauce while it is hot? I ask because it looks unmixed.

Reactions: Msradell

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you don't reintroduce the thinly sliced meat back to the sauce while it is hot? I ask because it looks unmixed.
Chandler, as I said it was a two man operation…
I thoroughly stir fried and heated the peppers and onions in the sauce, while the
head guy was cutting the meat thin…then after I spooned the peppers and onions into the serving bowl, I put the meat on top…no mixing. I didn’t want to cook the meat in the hot sauce, I wanted it to remain rare…

The only mixing done was when we spooned it on top of the
rice in our dishes. It was really deliciouso! The head guy, just mentioned again how good it was, as I’m typing this.😀

Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Animal product

Reactions: J. V.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Reading TK's and Chandler's posts I have to agree with TK, keeping it rare would be my choice. My wife would want it well done so perhaps some extended time in the sauce for her.

Bud

Reactions: J. V.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, absolutely, put some in the sauce while you’re heating it up, to cook it to the desired doness for your wife, and leave yours out to put on top rare…everybody happy! 😀💕🥰

Reactions: Bud9051

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
She won't let us visit. She just likes to tease us with these meals.
I think her "head guy" has magical powers over her and keeps her to himself.
Can't blame him for that; or her for that matter.

But... it does seem social propriety would suggest she should offer a place for guests to put a sleeping bag; Offer them substantial sustenance after an arduous trek to enjoy her culinary
delicacies.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a gentlemen on another woodworking forum once said,
“She likes Men that Work!” LOL!

If you come, you’ll have to be prepared to help the head groundskeeper with his gardening chores, and also serve as a sous chef to me! 🥰😄💕

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Chandler, as I said it was a two man operation…
I thoroughly stir fried and heated the peppers and onions in the sauce, while the
head guy was cutting the meat thin…then after I spooned the peppers and onions into the serving bowl, I put the meat on top…no mixing. I didn’t want to cook the meat in the hot sauce, I wanted it to remain rare…

The only mixing done was when we spooned it on top of the
rice in our dishes. It was really deliciouso! The head guy, just mentioned again how good it was, as I’m typing this.😀

View attachment 706309
Agree. Don't put the steak back in. Even if the fire is off, it will cook more. The marinade will flavor the meat in harmony with everything else.
Looks great Knot!

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@JV …Yes, I’ve never seen pepper steak cooked this way….It’s always well done steak.
That’s why I never order it in the Chinese restaurants, But, this is the way to go if you‘re a rare steak lover. Also, the sauce! 😋 the mixture of the marinade and beef broth blended into the peppers and onions was incredibly flavorful. 👍

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
@JV …Yes, I’ve never seen pepper steak cooked this way….It’s always well done steak.
That’s why I never order it in the Chinese restaurants, But, this is the way to go if you‘re a rare steak lover. Also, the sauce! 😋 the mixture of the marinade and beef broth blended into the peppers and onions was incredibly flavorful. 👍
Have you ever tried to cook thin, narrow slices rare or med rare in a screaming hot wok? Impossible likely. For fajitas I do cook thinly sliced skirt steak med. rare then slice again across the width into smaller pieces.
Only slightly off topic here. I learned when I help cook for banquets that a black man won't eat red meat. The black chef told me this and it was demonstrated to me quickly by a black man when I tried to serve him a reddish slice off a Steamship Round, that was all that was left. Might be the same with Asians.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, never tried to cook thin sliced steak in a hot wok…it would cook it up too well done for me.
Ya know, what made this sooo good was the extra flavor that the ‘marinated bbq beef‘ added to the peppers, onions and sauce. 😋 give it a try…you can always cook the meat to your desired doneness…Just don’t mix the meat in with the hot peppers and onions cause that will cook it more.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I've never tried either just suspect the difficultly. I do fajitas on the grill over screaming hot coals. Maybe 30 second per side.

Reactions: Two Knots

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I like it cooked how the chef intended to cook it. In stir fry the steak goes in first after the garlic and ginger. Just for a few seconds and then the other ingredients come afterwards. This is traditional stir fry cooking.
What Knot is doing is not traditional. She wants rare steak. So that is how I would eat it at Knots house.
Either way is good. In Chinese and Mexican restaurants they are not using expensive cuts of meat either. Its the way its sliced and the way its quickly cooked. Its very good. And rare high quality steak is good too. Just different. She always says "her way".

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I love pepper steak, it was one of the first things I learned to cook. I got the recipe of the back of a can of Swanson's Beef Broth.

My only quandary is using the marinade in with the broth and the corn starch. I thought that using liquid from a marinade that had raw meat in it was no terribly safe. Or maybe it is just with raw poultry that you need to be concerned about.

Oh yeah, if you want to slice a piece of meat thin before you cook it, put it in the freezer for a half hour. It will firm up the meat so it is easier to slice it thin.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The marinade is cooked for 5 minutes with the peppers and onions.

from my recipe…
“After the steak is cooked…let it rest for a few minutes…
then add the reserved marinade
and beef broth to the heated peppers and onions and also add a handful of cherry tomatoes ( optional) and stir fry for about 5 minutes, until very hot. At this time taste if salt is needed.”

1 - 20 of 20 Posts