DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and a fellow DIYer at home. I don't have much experience but changing bulbs, fixing toilets, turning off breakers etc I can manage pretty well. The recent problem I have at home is 2 Pendant lamps that a contractor installed after I remodeled my home. The lights are setup like this

Switch -> Pendant A -> Pendant B (Location Pendant A is closer to the switch)

After about a year or so, Pendant A started to turn off by itself while Pendant B is on. I thought it was the bulb so I switched the bulb. The same thing happens the bulb is brand new and after 5 minutes Pendant A turns off by itself (a slow dim) while Pendant B is on and have no problems. I called the contractor back and he said that the since they are on the same wiring if Pendant B is on and have no problems then its not the wiring its Pendant A's transformer.

So I went to home depot and got the a new pendant. I installed the new Pendant A, everything worked fine for about 2 weeks. The problem began again. Pendant A slowly dims and turns off, while Pendant B is on and have no problems.

Please let me know your thoughts and any ideas why this is happening.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Even though "a" is closer to the switch, the wires might run to "b" first, particularly if this is a relocation from a light that existed prior to the remodel.
I would check the connections in location "b", just to be sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts