DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday on our day trip we looked forward to the best peanut butter pie from yrs ago. Restaurant stopped serving it. It was light and fluffy and not overly sweet.

One place the week before had good pie. Two other places sold it but one bite and I thought I’d be ill it was so disgustingly sweet.

Cool whip or whip cream are always used. Cream cheese is an ingredient. Sugar is most often confectioners sugar. One recipe used brown sugar. One used white sugar.

Crust is insignificant. We’ll buy a crust while we experiment which may be only way to create a pie we like

· Registered
3,189 Posts
Reactions: Startingover

· Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would fix it just like that but skip the Reese's candy on top. Thks

I had their Cobb salad which I’ve always ordered. Daughter had a better lunch. She had a Hawaiian entree. It had pineapple (of course) and Blackened shrimp and blackened scallops.

Now the next time we grill I want to try scallops and shrimp. I’ll look for Blackening seasoning. I love scallops and they’re low calorie!

· Registered
3,189 Posts
No recommendations but I know there is a Chef Paul Prudohomme's blackening seasoning. If you'll Google "cajun blackening seasoning" images you will see a lot of brands. Also check All Recipes for recipes for the seasoning.

· Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nik, Haha

Well, that was quick. Daughter invited me over for peanut butter pie which she just made. She cut sugar in half and for convenience used Cool Whip. It was surprisingly good. It needs to chill overnight so it was too soft. We each ate 2 slices.

I came home sanded and primed my front door an hope I at least burned off one slice of pie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.