DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you say is fair to dig a trench in a driveway, laying 2 inch conduit or pipe and refilling with asphalt? Dimensions would be about 1 foot wide, 20 feet long and 1 foot deep.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
How much what?
Money?
This can be done without cutting the driveway.

·
World's Tallest Midget
1,467 Posts
Pricing questions are frowned upon here because there are so many factors involved.

Besides, this is a DIY site, and that's a pretty easy diy project. You could rent a pavement cutter and dig the trench by hand pretty easily. It'd be a helluva lot cheaper than hiring someone to do it.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Please note that the minimum burial depth for electrical conduit "Under streets, highways, roads, alleys, driveways, and parking lots" is 24 inches. [[Table 300.5, National Electrical Code, 2008]]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
How much would you say is fair to dig a trench in a driveway, laying 2 inch conduit or pipe and refilling with asphalt? Dimensions would be about 1 foot wide, 20 feet long and 1 foot deep.
the 'move-on' charge would cost more than the trench itself. Do you have a small equipment rental place near you?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Please note that the minimum burial depth for electrical conduit "Under streets, highways, roads, alleys, driveways, and parking lots" is 24 inches. [[Table 300.5, National Electrical Code, 2008]]
he never said what the 2" conduit is for. could be running low voltage wiring, or a chase for irrigation... I agree, 24" would be better in the end...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
he never said what the 2" conduit is for. could be running low voltage wiring, or a chase for irrigation... I agree, 24" would be better in the end...
Use not being stated is why I wrote electrical. I found that where a liquid was involved, most people said pipe, even if they had tubing. So his use of the term conduit made me lean toward electrical or low voltage. When up against unknowns, I found it safer to follow the most restrictive path. While it's irritating to do too much, it's also supremely unwise to do too little. :vs_worry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.