DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Re: Pass & Seymour / Legrand TM8118 Two Single Pole Switches & Single Receptacle

Is the receptacle on the bottom required? Do you use it?
They make 2 switches on one yoke, if you do not need it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Pass & Seymour / Legrand TM8118 Two Single Pole Switches & Single Receptacle

Yes, the receptacle is needed. It's actually mounted sideways. One switch is for the light & fan by the shower and toilet while the other is the light over the sink area.

I'm actually tempted to take it out and widen the opening. Then I could replace this with a duplex outlet that has USB ports and two switches. That way it would be more functional and have parts that could be replaced if needed.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts

I like the widen to a 2 gang box idea. Put in a double switch and a GFCI unless you have already provided GFCI protection from elsewhere.

Your other choice is change the color. Ivory or light almond TM8118 devices are still available on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/c/1537464511

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, I saw them on eBay, but really need it to stay white. I'm gonna float that 2 gang box idea past the wife. I feel it's the way to go, especially with a some USB ports. As stated above, then it's equipped with parts that are easily found.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts