DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an odd question - I am planning to insulate my shed/workshop and add air conditioning. It will be used off and on and will at times be unoccupied. I am planning on using fiberglass batts (R-13) for the wall and cover with plywood. Are there any pluses to used unfaced batts and add plastic sheeting or can I just use paper faced batts?

·
retired framer
44,263 Posts
If you are just using AC you are more worried about air from the outside . your biggest problem will be holes in the wall, use exterior wall boxes that have a gasket behind your drywall or plywood. .

·
Registered
211 Posts
This may be an odd question - I am planning to insulate my shed/workshop and add air conditioning. It will be used off and on and will at times be unoccupied. I am planning on using fiberglass batts (R-13) for the wall and cover with plywood. Are there any pluses to used unfaced batts and add plastic sheeting or can I just use paper faced batts?

I would get kraft faced and staple them in. It's just a shed. I assume you will be using a window unit? There is no reason to go overboard for a workshop.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Batts with paper are garbage, we don't have them in canada.

In a hot climate, humid climate with no real winters you want the barrier on the exterior side.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This board will run you crazy with people vying to be right. I guess you could have it spray foamed and have a heat pump installed. Maybe just tear it down and rebuild it once or twice. Kraft faced bats are not garbage. They are used successfully all over the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts