DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an insane pantry moth issue that has been ongoing for months. I have replaced everything in the pantry with high end sealable Tupperware, set up dr killington traps everywhere, sprayed different bug sprays, had an exterminator come. I can never find the source and a day doesn’t go by that I don’t see at least 3 of these annoying things. Please help! Is there something I can do or a product that is a god send for this? Attaching a close up photo I got of one of the little buggers. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I think we had them 15 years ago. We used some moth traps that attract them with sex pheromones or similar. Goggle them for sale.
I think they like flour, grains, cereals...

·
Contractor/Engineer
2,578 Posts
Most likely they are coming out of one of your food packages. We had trouble with some small beetles in a pantry. We'd pull everything out, kill all the bugs, spray, etc. and then put everything back in... Oops, then we'd see more bugs.

Took us a few tries until we realized WE were saving the bugs by removing the boxes of stuff before we bombed the pantry... Duh - finally found some active crawling beetles (yes, they matured from the nearly invisible larvae happily living in some flour or seeds...).

Okay, I don't want to remember this - I think is was some food that I didn't eat... I hope...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.