DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Haste Makes Waste
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the best size brush to do this area? My ceilings are10-12ft high and hard to get to. I'm afraid of getting gold paing on the ceiling. Should I tape this area off or what?

Also, what's the general opinion of the painters helpers gadgets like the square pads to get clean strait edges and the ones to do corners, etc.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Most important is a stable platform to stand on. I like the 4' roll-around folding scaffold HD sells for under $100. I use a well used 3 inch Wooster brush. With some practice you can get a pretty straight line while standing confortablely on the scafflod. If you want perfection, paint the ceiling then the walls all the way to the ceiling making sure you get all the way up the wall and don't worry about a little wall paint on the ceiling. Tape about 1/16" to 1/8" down from the ceiling as straight as possible the go back with the ceiling paint. This is also a good for ceilings that have a sloppy corners. It makes it look straight to the eye.

Rege

·
Registered
553 Posts
A 2 1/2" angle sash brush and a sufficiently tall ladder. There aren't really and good shortcuts here. The walls are kind of tall, but they are still too short to put the brush on the end of a pole. The square pads sorta, kinda, work, but they don't cover well or hold much paint.

SirWired

·
Registered
553 Posts
Most important is a stable platform to stand on. I like the 4' roll-around folding scaffold HD sells for under $100. I use a well used 3 inch Wooster brush. With some practice you can get a pretty straight line while standing confortablely on the scafflod. If you want perfection, paint the ceiling then the walls all the way to the ceiling making sure you get all the way up the wall and don't worry about a little wall paint on the ceiling. Tape about 1/16" to 1/8" down from the ceiling as straight as possible the go back with the ceiling paint. This is also a good for ceilings that have a sloppy corners. It makes it look straight to the eye.

Rege
A 4' scaffold isn't going to be tall enough here...

It is not advised to tape a freshly painted wall. Unless that wall has been sitting for an entire month, the tape will often pull the paint right off.

SirWired

1 - 4 of 4 Posts