DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Painting Molding - High Density Foam Roller?

2803 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Marky82
I'm painting some Home Depot molding that has some "grooves" in the design
(tonight after work) and I don't want to end up having "paint brush lines", so do you think I can get away with using one of these Home Depot High Density Foam rollers? Below are some photos of the type of molding design I am referring to. Thanks! :biggrin2:
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
A lot of people swear by those foam rollers, but, I don't like them. They hold very little paint and tend to skid leaving skid marks in your finish.

Personally, I would use a 4" Whizz roller to roll on the paint and then back brush it. Just rolling it on will leave a bit of roller stipple, which, to me isn't a bad look, but, many people don't like that look.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.