DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Painting Molding - High Density Foam Roller?

2801 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Marky82
I'm painting some Home Depot molding that has some "grooves" in the design
(tonight after work) and I don't want to end up having "paint brush lines", so do you think I can get away with using one of these Home Depot High Density Foam rollers? Below are some photos of the type of molding design I am referring to. Thanks! :biggrin2:
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
First make sure you clean and prime the wood properly. Then use a high quality paint, add paint conditioner (floetrol) and use a 100% nylon brush (like this from Purdy). The bristles are very soft which helps reduce brush marks. The floetrol will help the paint not dry as quickly so your less likely to overwork the paint (i.e. when you brush over paint that's is a little tacky it will leave brush marks). It also helps the paint level.

Good luck!
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.