DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am painting my garage walls that have a knock down texture to it. I am having trouble getting the paint to roll into the low spots of the texture. What suggestions does anyone have to make the rolling go better and fill in?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
1/2" should be more than adequate to paint over that. This is one time you do push down a little bit on your roller to get it to fill any voids.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
I think I might go a little bigger than 1/2" as I think the 1/2 will leave a lot of holidays (little spots not covered around the edge of the texture. Might try 1" And airless is not a good idea as it would have to be bankrolled anyway to work the paint in around the texture.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I might go a little bigger than 1/2" as I think the 1/2 will leave a lot of holidays (little spots not covered around the edge of the texture. Might try 1" And airless is not a good idea as it would have to be bankrolled anyway to work the paint in around the texture.
Thanks for the info. Would going 1 1/4 be overkill on the nap?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.