DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove paint from a concrete floor. I have tried a paint stripper and sanding it off. So far the sanding works best but I can't get the sand paper to stay on the sander. After a few minutes the sand paper will no longer stick. Any suggestions on how I can remove the paint from the floor? There is a lot of paint around the perimeter of the room where the walls had previously been spray painted when we bought out house.

·
2,392 Posts
If there's enough of it, in all honesty, it would probably be easier to paint the floor than clean paint off of concrete. A pressure washer and a special concrete tip might work, but with that, Katie bar the door. Or, go to a real paint store and explain your situation, purchase some real chemicals. Today's off the shelf paint strippers are closer to after dinner cocktails than paint strippers. Disclaimer: Since we covered suing in the frog tape thread, I am in no way endorsing, or encouraging, paint stripper to be used as an after dinner cocktail, especially before 5:00 pm. lol (added for emphasis)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
What floor covering is planned to go down once the paint is removed? Is it really nessisary to remove the paint?

a power washer will likely take it right off but may be problematic for usage indoors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts