DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 1st house 6 months ago and am so glad I have found this forum. I live alone and don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of. I am currently planning on painting several rooms and was wondering what paint brand to go with. I want to make sure I do my research and proper planning before diving in.

Some that I have been considering are:
1. valspar (@ Lowes)
2. Sherman Williams
3. Benjamin Moore

Not sure which of these would be best to go with or if there is something else that carries a higher respect. I would greatly appreciate any advise or suggestions that are offered. :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
1. valspar (@ Lowes) - NO
2. Sherman Williams - YES
3. Benjamin Moore - YES

SW and BM are more money for a reason. They will not let you down. If you want to save money go with something in thier "lesser" lines line BM's "Professional" line or I had good results with Pitsburg paint. I have not used a lot of SW interior paints but what I have used was fine.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I would disagree. he lower end SW and BM will outperform anything Behr, Valspar, Gliddon and quite a few others have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.