DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our three power outlets and the front yard light (which automatically truns on and off) are not working. I checked all GFIs but the problem is still there. I don't see GFI outlet in the garage. What would be the problem?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Our three power outlets and the front yard light (which automatically truns on and off) are not working. I checked all GFIs but the problem is still there. I don't see GFI outlet in the garage. What would be the problem?
If it is not a tripped GFCI, I would start by checking the breaker panel. Do you know what (if anything else) is on the same circuit? It's possible that either the breaker has tripped, or you have a loose connection somewhere in that circuit.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
did you check from the hot side to neutral or ground....something is missing...run an extension cord out there and check its hot to ground and definitly the neutral on each socket.....do the outlets go out with the lights? if the neutrals are wire nuted together might be loose...from the panel

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Check *all* GFCI outlets everywhere. Backyard, side of house, bathroom, kitchen, basement, attic, etc. Press reset on each.

And of course all circuit breakers. Push them all to on. When tripped, they may look like they are on. If one moves a bit when pushed to on, turn it off, then on to reset it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts