DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My outside outlets and lights do not work. I have checked the breaker it is not tripped, I have had reset just to maKe sure. It is loose though. What could the probelm be, should I just call an electrician. I usually try to do as much in my house as I can. Help Please.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
There still should be one someplace, there no way anyone here can tell you where it is.
I found one on the second floor in the back side of the house that controled all the outlets and lights outside once.
Made 0 since and only took me a whole day to find it.
There suppost to be in the kitchen, bathroom, garage, outside outlets, basement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I will look at all the outlets, I know I have one in the master bathroom it is working, I also have one in the kitchen it is working. Thanks I appreciate the help. One more question the breaker that controls those outlet and lights is loose when none of the others are loose, could that mean it is bad? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
It could but no way to tell from here. To find out what's wrong with it you would have to remove the cover on the panel.
Unless your comfortable working around high voltage and exposed wires you may want to get someone else to check it out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Singlewomen: The wires in the electric box behind the light could be very well not fully connected to make proper connection to the electrical wire itself. I suggest you get a qualified electrician to view the panel. But yeah the if loose it could just be the screw needs to be tightened down more; possibility of it just bad is also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.