DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing my bathroom and need help on how to approach the outside corner where the cement board meets the drywall (greenboard). My plan is to have the tile go all the way to the outside corner. Should I install the greenboard all the way to the cement board? Then, should I use an outside corner? If so, what kind (galvanized, paper faced, vinyl)? Any thoughts or advice are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Use a vinyl corner bead. How are you planning to hide the edge of your tile? Shluter (to spelled right) make a decorator piece that will do that. The orange store carries them. Anyway the reason for the vinyl corner bead is almost every metal corner bead I have removed from bathrooms has had at least the bottom rusted off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ToolSeeker. I will use a vinyl corner. In this situation, what is the best way to fix this to the cement side (e.g., adhesive, nails, screws)?

In relation to the tile edge, I am planning to use a bullnose tile along the entire edge. Do you have another suggestion? I have experience with carpentry but not with tile or drywall ... first time bathroom reno.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this video that suggested using adhesive and staples (at least on the drywall side). Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Adhesive will work fine it will just hold it in place till you apply your thin set. And to use bull nose will work on the edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts