DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a project that will re-skin my house. In the end the exterior walls will be 2 3/4" thick from the outside of the stud to the outside of the siding (1/2" plywood, Tyvek, 1"XPS, 3/4" Rainscreen, 1/2" Siding) I plan on using Quickflash (http://www.quickflashproducts.com/products_electrical.html) for all wall penetrations. But I'm having a hard time visualizing how the details work on the outlet and 3/0 box.

So for example the max depth on the E-SGB-C is 1 3/8". The quick flashing goes at the tyvek layer, that still leaves 2 1/4" (2 3/4 - 1/2 plywood) to the outside of the siding. That means i'm left with a 1 1/8" gap. how do I deal with that?

Most of the outdoor covers I've seen only have a small lip on the back.

Any thoughts or input would be great! pic would be even better.

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hadn't seen that product, but it has the same problem. It's only 1 1/4" deep thus it will not reach the the siding.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
They make plastic boxes that have a metal bracket to attach to the stud (this is on new construction or where the stud is accessible) and there is a screw accessible from the front side of the box that adjusts the depth to meet the finished wall depth. I used these on the front of my garage and around the outside of my house when I had the siding re-done. Turn the screw so that the box is right where you need it, I think its a good 3" of movement it'll do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts