DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New house just bought has fancy faucet device i am unfamiliar with. Seems to have some kind of diaphragm/collar device either built-in or added. when you unscrew your hose, there is a white (plastic?) spring loaded rod connected to this diaphragm that you can pull/push with a pair of pliers. anyway, normally all this apparatus works fine, but occasionally when you have the faucet open and the hose nozzle also open and flowing the collar device is spraying all over the house (a big waste), as if it senses an overpressure condition in the hose, which it shouldnt because it is working. Close the spray nozzle and it continues to shoot out the collar. There is nothing leaking thru the faucet/hose coupling. I disonnected the hose and could see most flow coming out the normal path but perhaps 10% shooting out the collar. Is this thing malfunctioning or do i just not know how to operate it ?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
That is an antisiphon device, and they often have problems. But I have never seen parts for them. The usual fix is to replace the valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts