DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all those wiser than myself,

I am interested in installing a Rheem RTG-66DVN (Paloma PH-25RDVSN) Natural Gas Fired Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater in my Single Bath, Single Story (with finished basement) 1200 square foot Home located in Long Island, NY. The main floor in my home has Forced Air Heating via Gas Fired Furnace, but the 3/4 Finished Basement has Hydronic Baseboard Heating via 30 gal. Gas Fired Water Heater. My question is: Is it possible to run (plumb) the homes Potable Hot Water and the Basement Hydronic Baseboard Heat to a Single RTG-66DVN Tankless Water Heater? I live alone, so there is not a great Hot Water Demand. And the Basement Hydronic Baseboard Heat is used only occasionally in the Winter months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Advice...

Thanks for the advice on the Marathon Water Heater, but unfortunately the sky high electric rates here on Long Island prohibits the use of Electric Water Heaters here. Even though the Marathon E.F is .94 vs .82 for the Rheem Gas Tankless unit, it would still cost at least double to run per year. That's a conservative estimate considering I live alone, and on average, only take one shower per day. The Hydronic Baseboard Heat is rarely used since I have Forced Hot Air on the main floor. The Tankless units only make hot water on demand, therefore it would have a lot of downtime were it would be using zero energy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.