DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

I know this is not a plumbing problem, but it is a hardware problem in the bathroom and I couldn't find another category that fit this problem.

I have one of those "one arm contemporary toilet tissue holders" in my bathroom, and that arm was leaned on and knocked off today (by me of course!)

I can't figure out how one gets this arm back on again. There are no threads or anything to screw the thing back on. There is a kind of knob that protrudes from the circle of metal that is flush against the wall tiles, but that gives me no clue. The end of the arm is hollow.

I have towel racks of this same type of design and I sure hope they don't come off. How I wish I had horse and buggy hardware.

Can anyone tell me how this arm goes back on?

I found some of these holders pictured on the Internet in case someone wants to see that they look like. They have no visible means of support! :censored: :mad:

Thanks.

Shirley H.

·
Long-Time DIYer
1,460 Posts
If it popped off of that knob, it stands to reason that it should pop back on with a little persuasion unless it's damaged out of shape. Line it up on the knob and bump it straight on with the heel of your hand or a rubber mallet.
Good Luck!
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gettin arm back on contemporary toilet tissue holder

Hi MIke:

Thanks for your prompt response. I will give that another try. I tried a little of that already but probably not with much conviction. Your suggestion makes sense to me. If I get this darn thing back on I will check back in. Your moral support alone is priceless. Thanks.

Shirley H.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
European style chrome one arm tissue holder

Hi again Mike:

I am wondering if I could glue that chrome handle on, using Gorilla Glue. One part of the handle end is slightly bent - if it is meant to be pushed back on, it won't go for sure. Metal on metal - the "knob" appears to be brass, and the handle chrome. I will think about this.
Am completely stymied at this point. Hair on fire. :censored:

Shirley H.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts