DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
I've used it--works just fine--
you will need the wood corrugated strips to support the panels where they are nailed--and the rubber washer screws---

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
+1 Get some R or C panel metal.Much higher quality and finish and I get it cheaper from my supplier than the stuff at Menards.
For instance the foam closures at Menards are $13.99 fior 4.I buy them for .72 cents each.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've used it--works just fine--
you will need the wood corrugated strips to support the panels where they are nailed--and the rubber washer screws---
i have seen the accessories that go with this roofing, if doing a real roofing job.
my plan is to just predrill on the high spots and nail it down lightly.
this is just a lil shed. just 1 panel will cover it with a nice overhang all around.
about $17 for a roof.

Get some R-panel metal if you ask me.
i seen that stuff. its pretty flimsy. it would need full sheathing and all the trim = more $$.
and then HOPE it doesn't get hailed on.
otherwise, i like it.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on a small shed like that you couldn't go wrong either way. :wink2:
actually, if $ were not an issue, the ondura would be better. why, because it is much stiffer and i could have larger overhangs. now, i have to do some creative engineering to make the metal look right, or right enough.
oh well, is what it is. sucks to be almost poor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.