DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I tweaked my abdomen getting out from under a car (oil change :thumbsup:). Today I did something that made it hurt so darn bad I went to the local Doc-in-a-Box.

I've pulled my internal oblique and am told I need to take 3-5 days off and can expect it to take 3-5 weeks to heal :furious: The doc offered to write me a note so I could take the time off work. :laughing::laughing: I don't need the note since I DIY full time. I'm the boss (maybe the DH is the boss - debatable).

I did 'light duty' today - planted the rest of my veggies in my raised beds and set up my timed irrigation. I just couldn't bring myself to take the day off.

Turns out that was a big mistake. :( So now I'm on muscle relaxers (which my doctor husband tells me don't do anything) and trying not to move.

·
Pretending to be Retired
108 Posts
Hope you are finally going to take the doc's recommendation and take it easy. I know how hard it is, but just do it. Be safe and get healthy.

·
uva uvam vivendo variafit
641 Posts
You better start taking it easy there cat-dog. It only gets worse the older you get.

I imagine it sucks since laying on the couch all day gets boring, but activity may keep you from healing. I'd be frustrated. Hang in there.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I tried to 'take it easy yesterday'. I failed and was really sorry last night. So today I am really really not going to do anything.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

My goal of doing nothing today has panned out so far. DH has manned the grill and is smoking ribs, while I've sat on the front porch and read a book.

·
Retired Moderator
25,768 Posts
Hang in there----The Doc Said,"3 to 5 days--"---so slow down for another day or two---Mike---

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was 'good' all day on Sunday. Made me freakin batty to not get ANYTHING done. But 8PM I was annoying my husband as well as myself. :laughing:

Back to 'light duty' on Monday. And I am being extra-special careful with myself - no heavy lifting, no overdoing it. The only time it is really hurting is in bed. :furious: Lord help me when I need to roll over, it's a regular production. :huh:

Went back to the gym today, my trainer is psyched about tailoring the cross-fit to include no-ab work for the next month. Then again, she is always unduly psyched about everything. :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts