DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably a ridiculous question, but just wanted to make sure before I bought anything. Is it ok to use an outdoor enclosure indoors? I'm going to pick up a small panel for the sub-panel project for my garage, but most of the smaller indoor panels seem to not have a door to protect the breakers. I'm just looking for something to keep curious little hands away and protect the breakers from the occasional basketball that might bounce its way.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Remodeling Contractor
3,590 Posts
There are indoor and exterior panels. there are surface mount and recessed mount panels. You can use an exterior panel inside or outside. You cannot use a recessed panel for a surfaced mount application.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I would suggest just installing a 100 amp 20 space panel. This is a common main breaker panel with or without the main breaker installed (if the garage is detached you must have a disconnect at the sub panel). This type of panel has the standard door on the panel, and gives you plenty of room to work with and space for extra circuits down the road. Also, this panel can be installed in the wall verses needing to be installed on the surface of the wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts