DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 of my guys' truck leaked oil onto a fairly new access road :censored: anything to get it resolved besides kitty litter ? never ran into this before - thanks, guys !

·
Master General ReEngineer
9,768 Posts
Ayuh,... There really ain't no answers, without knowin' what the surface is,.....

If concrete, brush/scrub the crap outa it with a degreasin' soap,...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Flubberdust. Yes, Flubberdust. Sprinkle it on a 16th deep over the spill. Wait a few weeks, sprinkle more if you have to. It works like a charm, and turns brown as it eats/soaks up the oil. Sweep it up. I have used it on 2 new stains, and it works like nothing else I've ever seen. I'm a convert for life. I believe it actually digests the oil. It removed about 90% of the old oil stains on my parking spot also.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flubberdust ? like in the disney movie ? never even heard of it - will try google next,,, THANKS !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used Simple Green to clean an oil stain on asphalt. It worked pretty well. In fact, it may have worked too well because the part I cleaned was a lighter color than the surrounding area.

If everything you try fails, you might want to try oven cleaner.

·
Master General ReEngineer
9,768 Posts
I used Simple Green to clean an oil stain on asphalt. It worked pretty well. In fact, it may have worked too well because the part I cleaned was a lighter color than the surrounding area.

If everything you try fails, you might want to try oven cleaner.
Ayuh,... Stay away from any solvent based cleaners, asphalt ain't concrete,...

Dish soap, or mechanic's hand soap is plenty of power to clean asphalt,...
Brush it in, 'n flush the oil away from the asphalt,...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts