DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m redoing my bathroom and installed a tile-redi showerpan. 34x60.” My bathroom walls are 62” or so. So filled the gap in with plywood and plumbed it up. I’m stuck with a offset in my Sheetrock 1/2” offset both ends. What would be the best way to finish this up? A double corner bead like a Z bar ?

Thanks I’m advanced.

·
retired framer
38,855 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m redoing my bathroom and installed a tile-redi showerpan. 34x60.” My bathroom walls are 62” or so. So filled the gap in with plywood and plumbed it up. I’m stuck with a offset in my Sheetrock 1/2” offset both ends. What would be the best way to finish this up? A double corner bead like a Z bar ?

Thanks I’m advanced.

1/2 inch would just be let one run over the other with a metal J on the end of it, but it sounds more like you have 1/2 between them making it a 1" step?

·
Naildriver
10,600 Posts
Is this offset on top of where you will end the shower, or is it on the edge facing the room? Do you plan on tiling the area, and if so, all the way to the ceiling?

As always, pictures help us to see what you see.

·
Naildriver
10,600 Posts
IF what you have resembles what Neal posted, that is your best avenue, whether it is on top and sides or just on sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts