DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed a brand new kohler toilet, and my 2 year out some stuff down it, flushed and clogged it... Long story short i snaked it and cleared the blockage..

However during my frusteration of my kid clogging our new toilet and brand new bathroom i scratched some of the porcelain with the snake on the inside of the bowl.

Out of curiostiy is there anything i can put on that to fix the scratches? Not the end of the workd if i cant just every time i use the bathroom im annoyed i scratchd it.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
There are a couple remedies I heard of; Pumice stick, ajax, comet. You can google for some other ideas. Don't know if any of them really work or not. Also try your local hardware store and ask them, they may have some advice.

Going forward, being how you have little ones that love to stick things down the toilet, buy yourself a toilet bowl auger and use that instead of a snake next time. Just a suggestion.

I'm sure you will be going down this road again. The toilet bowl augers have a plastic shield to prevent the scratching and marking up the toilet bowl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.