DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

not sure what to do

568 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Ron6519
outlet in bathroom had to be reset 2x whie hairdryer was being used. now there is an odd smell coming from outlet. what could this be?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Somethings wrong with the hair dryer.
Loose wire.
Over heated wiring. (bathrooms should be on there own circuit, 12-2 wiring, 20 amp. breaker)
Bad GFI.
Pick one.
Put the hairdryer in another GFCI outlet and see what's happening. If it trips the GFCI, stop using the dryer.
Check the dryer for a clogged screen. If it's full of stuff the dryer will overheat.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.