DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric furnace shut down about 3 am, wont kick on since. I have checked breakers, the internal fuse, they are all good. I checked the thermostat, put new batteries in it, and even bypassed it by putting the white and red wired together. I get absolutely nothing. It would click when it started up before. But i get absolutely nothing, any advice greatly appreciated. Heres the wiring diagram and info. on it. http://www.nortekhvac.com/literature/7088270.pdf ... there is also a capacitor hooked to the blower that is not on that diagram. Im just trying to figure out if it is something obvious to one of you genius's that i could buy and replace myself. save a few hundooo. Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has power. If by emergency things you mean the two breakers in the furnace they are also on

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuse is fine, how would I go about checking it? With a voltmeter? Where should I put probes. Sorry in just a rookie in training!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is what I did. Turned furnace on. Made thermastat call for heat. Turned voltmeter to acm 10. Put red probe on red wire on thermostat. Put black probe on grey wire. Got almost no movement. Bad transformer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts