DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new roof installed in mid-December. The roofers removed the swamp cooler in order to apply shingles and flashing correctly, then remounted the unit.

A couple of days ago, I went to fill the cooler with water and noticed that it is not level, but sloping towards the pump end.

Is this standard? If not, is some slope acceptable / beneficial? It could mean that the unit would not have to hold as much water.

Does an unlevel cooler pan pose any potential problems in the future? The slope is noticeable from the backyard, but isn't obvious.

Thought I'd get some feedback before I contact the roofers to fix it.

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
904 Posts
May cause problems with the water distribution trough which should be level. Some coolers have an adjustable trough so if it's not too out of level you can adjust it. Run the pump and see if the water drips evenly down through the pads. The trough is integral to the upper media panel so it should be easy to see if you have a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.