1. I turned off the water coming into the house by turning the valve on the main line.
2. I drained all the water from the internal plumbing by turn on the kitchen sink, and the exterior faucet (shown in video)
3. I checked all the sinks/toilets in the house and there are no leaks of any kind and/or any sound coming from the interior plumbing. The house was built 2.5 years ago so it is fairly new.
4. Then I turned the water line back on. The noise has died down considerably but I'm still hearing a hissing / drinking from a straw kind of noise if I stand nearby.
4. I also dug up a little of the mulch around the main water line but the ground isn't wet. So I am not sure if there is a leak somewhere near the main line (in the underground pipe) or some debris is stuck or what the source of this noise is.
6. I will call my plumbing company tomorrow and see if they can come out and inspect it and advise as to what is going on. I have plumbing maintenance as part of my annual contract with them so I'm hoping they'll check this out and advise on what is going on.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
DIY Home Improvement Forum
A forum community dedicated to Do it yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about tools, projects, builds, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Helping You to Do It Yourself!