DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 16 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
almost sounds like some by-pass valves are not properly opened or closed somewhere. What type of shutoff vales do you have?

  • A lever, wheel or ball valve is a shut-off valve with a straight handle that is attached to a ball with an open center. When the handle is turned to stop the flow of water, the solid sides of the ball prevent water from flowing through the pipe. Compression valves work by turning a knob that moves a solid shaft up and down in the valve. Automatic shut-off valves automatically turn water on and off based on the pressure on each side of the valve. These are often used in conjunction with reverse osmosis and other pressure tank water supplies.

1 - 5 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.