DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1920's Home with (among others) Knob and Tubing. A while back a light bulb was being changed in a ceiling light fixture - and the fixture came loose from the ceiling and shorted (smoked\sparked). This caused no breakers to pop, but I now have no power n 3 of the ceiling fixtures in the vicinity. my basement is open but the attic\second floor is finished. My biggest concern is having a hot wire somewhere, so my only real plan of attack is to start pulling my lathe and plaster down and romex a new pull and disconnect the K&T, anyone run across this?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I own a 1920's Home with (among others) Knob and Tubing. A while back a light bulb was being changed in a ceiling light fixture - and the fixture came loose from the ceiling and shorted (smoked\sparked). This caused no breakers to pop, but I now have no power n 3 of the ceiling fixtures in the vicinity. my basement is open but the attic\second floor is finished. My biggest concern is having a hot wire somewhere, so my only real plan of attack is to start pulling my lathe and plaster down and romex a new pull and disconnect the K&T, anyone run across this?
that tends to happen with k&t

at my last house, I was simply going to add a bath fan to the upstairs bath.

found all k&T up in the attic.

spent the summer ripping out all the old K&T and putting in romex.
i probably lost 25 lbs that summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts