DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a american standard/trane air handler TWE036P13 with electric heat. unit blows air but only cool air when in heat mode. checked stat and now thinking it is bad sequencer. i am a DIYer. can i simply replace the sequencer? can i find original replacement part or must i instal a compatible one. and how do i figure out the wiring? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before replacing parts could someone assist me in doing tests. i have only a multimeter but unfamiliar with wiring diagrams. i would like to test element continuity and test for how much load.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you beenthere. when testing sequencer do i test each individual switch. and if so, i'll know which sequence switch is not functioning. am i correct in assuming if the first switch doesn't function then the others won't work either even if switch is not faulty? or am i to put the probes on to test the entire switch?
again thanks for your help. it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK opened up my furnace and have model BAYHTR1415BRKAC manufactured 5/2005. i see recalls on this model between 4/2003 - 2/2004. need to replace sequencer but should i simply replace the whole unit? wondering what people with more expertise think. any suggestions on replacement also appreciate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi beenthere. tested sequencer but saw that on one of the low voltage connection terminals had burnt black on it. even though it tested i decided to replace it. installed new sequencer and it didn't do the trick. couldnt test the coils because the breakers were blocking me from getting access to full access. tought i would get lucky to no avail. will pull breakers today. my thinking was that maybe i should just replace the complete element including coils, contactors, limit switches. more money but since it's all 10 years old good preventitive maintenance. what do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
beenthere, just tested new sequencer while unit is on for 10 minutes. had 0 volts on secondary relay but on primary relay showing 1-2 volts. you said it should be zero. also 0 volts flowing through all contactors. can you direct me on what to check next? sequencer is getting 22 volts. should this be 24 volts? thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.