DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Steep Learning Curve
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing 3 1/4 inch cherry hardwood in my living room and will use black paper under it. Over the infloor heating in the main floor master bedrooom I already installed engineered floating flooring , gluing the the joints togeather . I also used black paper in this room and used tuck taper to seal the overlapped joints . LATER ! I read the directions which states I should use a specific type of foam under the flooring . The floor is nice and warm and I do not notice any "slaps" or wobbles etc as I walk over it . The floor is 15/16 chipboard then I installed ,glued and screwed , 3/8 plywood over this . Does anyone know of any problems I may encounter by doing the installation with only the black paper ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are installing real hardwood floors then you DO NOT want to use foam... Tar paper or roofing felt (black paper) is exactly what you use... Now thats only if you are nailing the floor down... If it is a floating floor or snap together type of wood floor then the foam is ok to use... The basic principle is you dont want your new wood floor rubbing your existing subfloor... You could have squeaks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.