DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
What is your experience with pouring concrete.I did read the article and agree with some but not all of it.I believe in tried and true methods that have worked in this area for many years.
We sometimes use stone but sand compacts a lot better than stone.Sometimes we use sand on top of stone it all depends on the soil condition which is something the link you referred to did not take into consideration.
The article was stated as being the correct way for every soil condition anywhere.
One size fits all does not get it.
I imagine concrete in NM would be a bit different that IL or NJ or Fl.
Don't you think?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Compacted sand or stone on undisturbed soil.Check with some concrete companies in you area and see what they typically use .
We still don't know where you are located.This and the type of soil makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Maybe I could use some leftover cement to fill them after my slab is pouredL. No sense in wasting good cement :)

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
John got his 15 minutes of fame with this troll post. He's not doing anything and won't be doing anything except tossing back a few cold ones & laughing at our responses. We never did see any pictures, did we? This was a classic case of a simple troll post, 'nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using diychatroom.com

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have a feeling john is already a member here with a different account. Some of the things he said kinda follow a theme around here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
damn it! i was so wanting to see a picture of him dumping 200 bags of sackcrete and blasting it with a hose!

ps. i was surprised to hear about Vapour Barrier under slab concerns. i'll have to look in to that some more.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Hey guys, gals and doubters!

Been super busy doing backsplash in the kitchen and some work in their bathroom for my future in laws. On top of that been helping out a friend with sheet rocks replacement for a house she just recently purchased.

200 bags of Sakrete isn't too much work if you space them out and work at your own pace.

Probably going to pour concrete a mid sept if my schedule allows. I will definitely post pics when my project gets underway. Promise...Scout honor!

Been reading up a lot regarding vapor barrier. It's mostly used for indoor slabs such as garage, grain silos, etc. Don't see a need if your slab is outdoor. Just my .02 cents.

Thanks for reading or doubting ;)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts