DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new vanity with a 3 hole 4" spread top and while I was there I bought new flexi lines to replace the two supply lines. I was glad to have thought of such an appropriate idea. Got home and ....! The old pipe sticks out of the wall and the ridgid line is attached differently. It looks like it is a band or nut around the pipe and then the angle stop is the last nut on the pipe. My house is almost 18 years old. If I turn off the main supply, remove the line, can the new flexi attach to the pipe or do I need an adapter of some sort?

·
A "Handy Husband"
13,087 Posts
We need a picture

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
As suggested, a pic might help us, but 18 is not old in plumbing terms. Is it copper pipe?? What you describe sounds like a compression fitting. I assume it is a valve?? You may get lucky and be able to screw a new shutoff valve with the proper fitting in its' place. The normal fitting for a bathroom sink is a 3/8 compression fitting, with the faucet fittings being 1/2NPT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture to follow

Thank you for the assistance on my first post! Out of desperation I never even thought about a photo...genius!

I am working on it and will get it up soon. Thank you so very much everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts