DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Indentured Servant
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are pencil marks a no-no, say to mark a line where a stud is supposed to be? Or another thing I did was write measurements down on the wall. I have not yet applied any mud. or tape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you should be able to just work from the top down with the visible stud and or course use the edges of the boards for the other

·
Registered
500 Posts
Pencil marks are fine, I will usually mark the field with a pencil using a level, I hate missing studs when screwing off boards. I too will write measurements on the wall.

Assuming you will be mudding and then priming followed by two coats of paint, I do it all the time and it's never been a problem.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
DO NOT EVER use a permanent marker ! it will bleed through 10 layers of paint, and keep going. ask my how i know.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Obviously, rollerball pen ink is bad too. I don't remember how it happened, but I ended up with a large ink pen splatter on the face of an unpainted wall, while re-rocking my buddy's bathroom. I suggested sealing it with Gardz or similar, but he ignored me. Two coats of paint later, he went and bought the primer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts