DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
761 - 780 of 986 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
Tapcan screws go into concrete after you drill holes.
You can screw the blocks to the stringers with deck screws .
Just add fewer screws to the bottom tread as it will be removed for that work later.
After the bottom tread is in place we want to go up closer to the middle or as high as you can get to and add a tread
And make sure the distance between is the same and the space to the house is the same.
one top one bottom now for treads

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #766 ·
Half way up checking the distance between to keep everything straight.
And then fill it in.
Alright sir I think she looks good and I double checked measurements between treads. All of them are almost right on 7 11/32 small small small differences on those few i cut semi wrong. I dont actually notice much of a difference on those 2 treads though. I forgot to add the blocks

Attachments

·
retired framer
59,898 Posts
Alright sir I think she looks good and I double checked measurements between treads. All of them are almost right on 7 11/32 small small small differences on those few i cut semi wrong. I dont actually notice much of a difference on those 2 treads though. I forgot to add the blocks
If they are all with in 1/4" that are fine. Just stand back and look at what you built. (y)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #768 ·
If they are all with in 1/4" that are fine. Just stand back and look at what you built. (y)
I feel really good sir. Honestly really good. I dont feel like I have accomplished many things that make me feel this proud. Well within 1/4" Thank you I really cant express how much it means. If you wouldnt like to send something I would like to put something into a charity you like or a local one around me cant afford a ton but I would like to do some. I also want to consider helping out with something called appalachian service projects where you volunteer to help with very low income in Appalachia(where I live)

·
retired framer
59,898 Posts
I feel really good sir. Honestly really good. I dont feel like I have accomplished many things that make me feel this proud. Well within 1/4" Thank you I really cant express how much it means. If you wouldnt like to send something I would like to put something into a charity you like or a local one around me cant afford a ton but I would like to do some. I also want to consider helping out with something called appalachian service projects where you volunteer to help with very low income in Appalachia(where I live)
Habitat for Humanity if you must.
You had one newer looking posts is that usable for the railing? How long is it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
I went back in my PMs and found that. Just now I tried again and now I am limited how far back I can go. So that was a one time deal.
Can you measure the height of the post above the deck boards?
33 1/2 and same pickets I was thinking cut the ugly tops of the post maybe they might be ripped up from the rails coming off.

·
retired framer
59,898 Posts
here yah go the top one split when I was trying to get that railing off so i just cut the rail and left the little bit. the bottom post looks like its "ok" its also past the steps though by some
Yup, that be ugly.
How is it connected to the house in the far corner?

761 - 780 of 986 Posts