DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Electrician install a brand new panel as well as Halo recessed lights in my refinished basement. When the lights are turned on, there is a noticeable humming sound. Also, I've noticed another light in the house which now hums. My Electrician claims its from the dimmer switches, but one switch for the recessed lights does not dim, and I still hear the humming.

Should I be concerned and is this an issue with the panel install? Any thoughts are helpful as I still have the opportunities to work with my Electrician and possibly have him fix. See pictures below of old panel, and the new panel for reference. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I had my Electrician install a brand new panel as well as Halo recessed lights in my refinished basement. When the lights are turned on, there is a noticeable humming sound. Also, I've noticed another light in the house which now hums. My Electrician claims its from the dimmer switches, but one switch for the recessed lights does not dim, and I still hear the humming.

Should I be concerned and is this an issue with the panel install? Any thoughts are helpful as I still have the opportunities to work with my Electrician and possibly have him fix. See pictures below of old panel, and the new panel for reference. thanks.
What kind of recessed lights? Are they low voltage?

What light bulb are you using? Incandescent, halogen, CFL, LED?

What model of dimmer are you using?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts