DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just bought an unfinished new construction duplex. The contractor is contracted to put in HVAC, floors, plumbing, kitchen cabinets, appliances, remove a wall, and electric.

I am responsible for putting in a driveway, a porch/deck, landscaping, big picture vision and oversight. I also want to be heavily involved in getting the materials (because i am a perfectionist that wants an awesome home)

If I get any interest here, I will post more specifics of the project.

Nice to meet y'all. Laissez le bons temps roulez.

·
11,730 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You could always start a new thread of your very own in "Project Showcase" for advice and back-pats!

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary in WA said:
Welcome to the forums! You could always start a new thread of your very own in "Project Showcase" for advice and back-pats!

Gary
Doy you recommend a single project showcase for everything, or a separate one for the separate parts (driveway, porch, solar, etc.)?

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Keep it all in one thread, except for the times you have a specific question about some item of construction---

Most of us look at 'todays posts' or 'new posts' so the forum doesn't matter to much---but it gets confusing answering a question with out seeing the big picture---

Hang around a bit----you will soon figure out when a separate thread is better than more productive than asking in your showcase thread.--Mike---

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.