DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing new LED under cabinet lights in my kitchen. The lights are part of a whole kitchen lighting set. The old lights (fluorescent) and existing wiring have 2 black and 2 white wires plus a ground. The new LED lights only have 1 black, 1 white, and the ground. How do I connect these? I’m guessing combining the blacks with a wire nut and the whites with a wire nut? Or will this burn the house down?

·
E2 Electrician
5,655 Posts
I am installing new LED under cabinet lights in my kitchen. The lights are part of a whole kitchen lighting set. The old lights (fluorescent) and existing wiring have 2 black and 2 white wires plus a ground. The new LED lights only have 1 black, 1 white, and the ground. How do I connect these? I’m guessing combining the blacks with a wire nut and the whites with a wire nut? Or will this burn the house down?
White to white, black to black, bond the fixture with the ground wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Just so I’m clear: all three blacks together and all three whites together?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

After looking more closely I could have seen for myself that the existing light fixture was the same as what I was installing. Guessing it’s a parallel circuit to the other lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts