DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a plumber installed a new FHW boiler and an indirect HTP SuperStor 45 gallon WH. The hot water in the main bath needs to be turned much higher than with the previous 25 yr old DHWH and only lasts about 15 minutes. I called my plumber and he said its possible that by turning off the water to do the job, debris might have loosened, causing this issue. I haven't noticed the issue with any other faucet in the house because I don't leave any other source on for that length of time. I am wondering, a) what is the likelihood of the shower faucet being the problem (its a single star-shaped head), b) is there a mixing valve, or something similar I can add to make the hot water last longer, c) is there anything else that may be a culprit, d) is there anything I can do myself to make the hot water last longer, short of telling my pregnant wife to take shorter showers (that didn't work)?

·
Super Moderator
6,937 Posts
Please post a couple pictures of your boiler and indirect hwh plumbing setup. Thanks.

Click post reply, type a sentence, scroll down to attachments, upload and post your pics from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
37,409 Posts
That faucet may already have a balancing valve, (anti scald) that's now messing up because of trash in it.
Very common issue when doing major plumbing work like that.
The aerators should have been removed on the faucets and lines flushed to lessen the chance of the trash making it to the shower valve.

·
Administrator
41,830 Posts
What size(in BTU)is the boiler. What temp is the superstore set to. Is the super store set as a priority zone, so that the heat can't run at the same time.

Reactions: jmon
1 - 5 of 5 Posts