DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a home in Michigan inspected earlier this week. Mostly minor issues, but one thing worries me.

I attach three pictures from the crawlspace. The block walls look to be in bad shape, and you can see that there is water under the vapor barrier. It's been very dry here for the past few weeks, which makes this harder to explain. The homeowner has not been running the irrigation system, but says that they have been watering outside the home (in this area) with a hose.

How concerned should I be about this? Is this something that can be fixed with an encapsulation system or something? I do plan to have another waterproofing guy out next week to take a look.

The home was built in the 50's. There is a taller portion of the basement that did not have any identifiable water issues. I don't want this deal to fall apart, but do not want to walk into a money pit. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
retired framer
59,890 Posts
For te white on the walls, this has been happening for some time.

With out fixing the drain problem, the sheet poly should be seal to the wall above the wet brick .

Any offer should consider the cost of the perimeter drain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.