DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering buying a new home package from 84 lumber. I need to estimate what the costs would be for putting in the HVAC system. It's going to be a 1300 sf house. Anyone know what I would be looking at?

Thanks!

·
Work Hard, Play Harder
276 Posts
Hello,

I'm considering buying a new home package from 84 lumber. I need to estimate what the costs would be for putting in the HVAC system. It's going to be a 1300 sf house. Anyone know what I would be looking at?

Thanks!
I have 1900 square feet; spent 10,500.00 on a complete setup with 2 zones. Included Luxaire LP9C*C, UltraVation progressive media air cleaner and having my existing AC hooked up (new core though).

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Depends on what you get and how much of the labor you do. A builder grade is half the cost of a high end air to air heat pump with gas back up. A geothermal will be twice the cost of a high end air to air.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 1900 square feet; spent 10,500.00 on a complete setup with 2 zones. Included Luxaire LP9C*C, UltraVation progressive media air cleaner and having my existing AC hooked up (new core though).

Thank you so much for your input. That is exactly what I was looking for!

·
Work Hard, Play Harder
276 Posts
Thank you so much for your input. That is exactly what I was looking for!
Make sure taping/sealing/etc is noted in the contract.

Mine also included a pump because we didn't want to run the water across the floor. The more efficient the furnace, the more water. I believe it is called a "little giant"; as the water comes out of the furnace it is pumped over to the sink.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts