DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, posted before but didn't know what I was doing so now I redid this.

We moved into our new construction home on 11/15. It's a custom home. I was wondering if someone can take a look at our foundation pics and give their opinion/advice.
IMG_9963.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

The images show just 1 area of our foundation (front of home) beneath our stone veneer. The bottom just doesn't look right to me. Also, this is just 1 crack in our foundation wall. We also have 6 cracks on the floor that extends across the slab.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Can you post some pictures from further back so we can see the entire area instead of just small details you posted. It's hard to figure out what's going on from photos taken so close up.

·
Licensed P.E./Home Insp
757 Posts
You can't get sound structural advice from posting 4 pictures on a chat room. That's not how it works. If you're concerned, hire a third party inspector or engineer to come in. With that said, I see zero evidence in the photos that the veneer has moved or that the foundation has moved. If anything, I see a messy finished lower edge of the veneer. If this is 2015 custom home, you should have a set of drawings that shows how the veneer is supposed to be finished along that lower edge. Also the blue-green poly-isocyanurate insulation condition is normal, but the landscaping bed is way too close to the veneer. If the builder didn't sawcut relief joints in the slab, the slab will crack. As for the foundation crack, can't tell much from one photo. The best thing for you to do is to get a third party engineer in there and check these items out, and see if you have a warranty claim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We can only provide opinion/advice based on the pictures you have shared to us but to have an overall scope on what the root of the issue is, you need to have an inspector or an expert check out your house before it leads to a much bigger problem, or heaven forbid, an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts