DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two lots that are 20' wide by 88' depth (or length). The house sits on one of those lots and the other one is open. They are right next to each other.

What I would like to know is how much of the free lot do I need to park two cars next to each other. Is 20' wide enough? How far in do I need to go?

Thanks!
Dru

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
I have two lots that are 20' wide by 88' depth (or length). The house sits on one of those lots and the other one is open. They are right next to each other.

What I would like to know is how much of the free lot do I need to park two cars next to each other. Is 20' wide enough? How far in do I need to go?

Thanks!
Dru
Why not go to a parking lot with a tape measure? Check a few and see how the car fits in each one. Pick the size that works.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
Standard driveway width is 10 feet, 12 feet is usually used to allow for a little more room when exiting the vehicle, so you still have concrete to stand on.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
EDIT: I won't erase what I wrote below, because I DID say those childish, stinging words. But I will apologize for them. "Sorry, Dru."

Yes, Mike, it's not been the greatest past couple of days for my integrity. So I'll accept the excuse of blaming it on the full moon and shrink down those embarrassing comments as small as I can get them.......

No, no. All wrong. You only need four and a half feet per car. Not an inch more.

Go right now and build that driveway 9' wide.

No! Stop sitting there thinking this might be too tight. It's just right.

If it is really necessary for you to ask a question like this, surely you understand that someone else's advice is what you should take... not your own deliberated determination.

OK, you ready to get serious?

Go do what Ron said, it's really the best way to see how your own cars fit.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Full moon WillieT:whistling2::laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts