DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Goodman AC stopped working so from previous experience I thought it may be a new control board so I ordered one off of Ebay. The model for the part was PCBKF102. When I put the used board I bought off of Ebay in the compressor outside would kick on, but the blower in the furnace wouldn't. The board read a code b1. The tech came out will a new motor and determined the board was bad. So I bought a NEW one this time PCBKF105S, the latest model and hooked it up. This time there are no errors on the board and the blower works, but now the compressor outside isn't kicking on. I would think this is a power related issue. The tech told me the boards need to be programmed but I'm never done that in the past. Possible another bad board? Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
You had the tech out, why not just pay him to program the board if that is what is needed?? Better to post this in HVAC forum not "General".

My Goodman AC stopped working so from previous experience I thought it may be a new control board so I ordered one off of Ebay. The model for the part was PCBKF102. When I put the used board I bought off of Ebay in the compressor outside would kick on, but the blower in the furnace wouldn't. The board read a code b1. The tech came out will a new motor and determined the board was bad. So I bought a NEW one this time PCBKF105S, the latest model and hooked it up. This time there are no errors on the board and the blower works, but now the compressor outside isn't kicking on. I would think this is a power related issue. The tech told me the boards need to be programmed but I'm never done that in the past. Possible another bad board? Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts