DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Thanks for the pics of your work in progress Wyr.

Trench doesn't look very deep. You must be in a warm climate, lucky you. At my location, Upstate NY, we have to bury it 5 feet deep.

I like black poly for underground main water line, just my preference. Pex is fine. Looks good.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics of your work in progress Wyr.

Trench doesn't look very deep. You must be in a warm climate, lucky you. At my location, Upstate NY, we have to bury it 5 feet deep.

I like black poly for underground main water line, just my preference. Pex is fine. Looks good.
I was shooting for as deep or deeper than the old copper water line . Pretty much achieved that , except for where I drilled through the foundation / footing ( pier & beam ) . I could not get under it .

I am about 14" - 16" deep , at that point . I have extra dirt piled up at that spot . Against the foundation ( next series of photos ) .

I have been told 12" - 18" is sufficient for our area . I can not imagine surviving where you had to bury water lines 5' deep ! :-(

God bless
Wyr

· Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Yea, the frost line went about 4 feet deep here last two winters. Water mains were breaking all over the village.

However, this year, so far so good. 50-70 degrees every day during Christmas week. Saving big money on the ole heating bills this year. That's me, sitting on the porch in shorts and tee shirt having an ice tea, looking at my nice green lawn Christmas eve., hit 70 degrees that day, broke all kinds of records here. Crazy weather this year wyr.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have been having highs in the 50's & 60's . Until a cold front hit yesterday . Temp shows to be 23 , on weather.com . Have not looked outside , but we are suppose to get several inches of snow . :-(

Pretty house . :)

God bless
Wyr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.