DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New unit constantly runs. Had service out to check things. $170.00 later found nothing wrong! The products from carrier are both the top of the line furnace and heat pump. New filter. Outside temp 90 degrees and the temp never below 75 or 76. Units run constantly. I cant believe this is normal. frustrated on the amt of money i spent for this efficiency. electric bill 100.00 more this month. outrageous... any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
New unit constantly runs. Had service out to check things. $170.00 later found nothing wrong! The products from carrier are both the top of the line furnace and heat pump. New filter. Outside temp 90 degrees and the temp never below 75 or 76. Units run constantly. I cant believe this is normal. frustrated on the amt of money i spent for this efficiency. electric bill 100.00 more this month. outrageous... any info would be helpful.
Is the thermostat located upstairs?

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
if it's new .. Why do they charge you to come out ??They should have given you a 1 yr. warranty after a new install. I do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have pvc pipe out of furnace and this drains water. Also I notice condensation under heat pump on the cement slab. Could it be I need to clean vents? What about not enough insulation in the attic? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Is it possible the unit is under-sized for your home? Did they do a Manual J calculation to determine the size of your unit? Improper installation? Enough returns? Why is this not under warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts